Learn about Flip PDF: A Free PDF to Flipbook Software
Step 1: Pen down the story in mindIt all starts with jotting down whatever’s coming to your mind and going ahead.
- Prepare a ‘vomit draft’ based on the synopsis
- Seek feedback from your friends and acquaintances and edit accordingly
- Hire a professional proof-reader or your friend who has a strong hold in story-writing to point out the areas requiring edits.
Step 2: Adjust the book settingsPrior to uploading the file encapsulating your freshly written story, ensure the following book settings have been covered:
- Visit https://play.google.com/books/publish/ to sign in to its Partner Centre
- Scroll over to the ‘Book Catalogue’ tab
- Click on the ‘Add Book’ icon
- Enter the 10/13-digit number denoting your ISBN identity. However, for those who lack the same, a Google-only identifier would work equally well. To generate the same, click on ‘This book doesn’t have an ISBN’.
- In ‘Book Format’ select from the drop-down menu either a physical format or a ‘Digital’ version. It all depends on the identifier, while if unique, demands the latter whereas a figure similar to physical edition requires the author to go with the physical format.
- From the list of multiple templates, go for the one in the default settings to apply it to your e-book.
- Once done, press on the ‘Create’ icon
- Fill in the necessary information, starting from bibliographic information (denoted by contributor, format and title) to specifying the price as given on the ‘Prices’ tab. However, don’t forget to upload all the necessary files by clicking on the ‘Content’ tab.
Step 3: Upload your e-book along with the cover filesOn ticking off the initial settings from your to-do list, you shall be redirected to the ‘Content’ tab. Here’s what’s expected from you:
- Move over to the ‘Content’ tab, and upload your e-book by clicking on the ‘Upload Content’ button
- ‘Choose files’ would let you select one or multiple files of less than 2GB each.
Step 4: Publish itNow comes the most thrilling part. If you have reached this stage, you are just a few steps away from fulfilling your dreams of self-publishing your first novel on Google Play.
- Scroll over to the ‘Publish’ tab and click on the ‘Ready To Publish’ icon appearing in the top-right corner
- Opt for ‘Publish to Google Play and Google Books’ / ‘Activate and enable for Google Play’
- Rejoice because your e-book has successfully been published!
- Wait for a day or two to watch it available on Google Play.