Digital Page Flip eBook Created by Flip PDF
1. ContentDecide on the content of the book. It can be the following:
- family recipes
- school papers
- short stories
- baby’s growing up photos
- memorabilia and others
2. LayoutYou need to choose the size of your book. You can either use an A2 paper and fold it multiple times, or an A4 and fold it once. Ensure that pages will land in order. Note: Total pages should be multiple by 4’s. There are some tools found in the net to help you layout your books professionally. The simplest way is to create a book using Word. The trick is to use ‘book fold’ found in Page Layout.
3. CoverThey say, “First Impression Lasts.” Whether you will just keep the book at home, a customized gift or sell it online, always give time in preparing your book to have the best possible cover. You will never know where will it land or how many families will this reach. Make the title readable and achieve to have a catchy illustration.
4. PaperPrior to printing, decide on the type of paper you will use. You need to do a little research and you will be surprised to find a lot of options to choose from. To narrow down, decide whether it is going to be matte or glossy. Next is the thickness. Print shops may have limited type of paper, so better check it first with them. If you will do it at home, of course there are several bond paper and specialty papers available in bookstores.
5. Front CoverFront covers should be firm and thicker. Do you want your cover soft or hard? You will be needing the basic materials: cardboard, pen, scissors, ruler, cutter, cutting board and clips Tip: To make your books appear laminated, purchase some frosted sticker from home depot and wrap your covers for extra protection.
6. BindingYou have several ways how to bind your book. Do it at home:
- stitching (a lot of ways or create your own)
- stapled (applies to small books)
- screw-post binding
- saddle-stitching / stapled
- ring bind
- wire or spiral binding
- perfect binding